Chemistry is the branch of sciences that studies the composition, structure, properties, changes and interactions of matter. Therefore, it is truly the central science and underpins much of the efforts of scientists and engineers to improve life for humankind.
Chemistry Program Goals
- Use information resources to gather, organize, and understand scientific material.
- Design and execute experiments to address a problem or question using methods from classical chemistry to state-of-art instrument techniques.
- Analyze and assess scientific data gathered in the laboratory.
- Effectively and clearly communicate scientific information in written and oral form to a variety of audiences.
- Understand the applications of chemistry in the Army and society.
- Recognize the relationship between the properties of a substance, its molecular structure, and its reactivity.
- Understand and apply the physical concepts of chemistry.