Information For High School Seniors
An offer of admission to West Point is a life changing event. If you are accepted, you’ll soon experience the challenges, excitement, and camaraderie of being a West Point cadet! You’ll join other exceptional students in a unique collegiate environment unmatched by other schools. Unlike regular colleges, West Point's admission process has more scrutiny to ensure we are admitting only the absolute best. If you haven't already started your application with us as a high school senior, you need to take action now. Start a Candidate Questionnaire today!
Applying to a world-class institution like West Point means you are competing with other top-notch students across the country. It’s essential that you meet all the admissions deadlines. Your applicant file – what we call your “candidate” file – must be complete by February 28 of the year you plan to enter. To assist in your process, print out the USMA Application Timeline.
- Continue to perform your personal best in high school academics, athletics, and extracurricular activities.
- Earn A’s and B’s in the toughest courses you can take
- Do well in calculus, trigonometry, and physics
- Excel on the athletic field
- Become a leader in student government, clubs, or other organizations
- Visit West Point.
- Spend part of a day with a cadet
- Schedule an overnight visit
- Manage your candidate file.
- Have you sent all of your nomination requests? Meet their deadlines!
- Have you sent your ACT and/or SAT scores to us?
- Have you completed the forms in your Candidate Kit?
- Are you practicing the six performance areas of the Candidate Fitness Assessment?
- Have you taken the Qualifying Medical Examination?
Your file must be complete and qualified before an admissions decision can be made!