Cyber Research Center
Publications (Academic Year 2009-10)
- G. Conti, S. Bratus, A. Shubina, A. Lichtenberg, R. Ragsdale, R. Perez-Alemany, B. Sangster, and M. Supan; "A Visual Study of Binary Fragment Types"; Black Hat USA; White Paper; July 2010.
- J. Doty J, T. OConnor, Gelineau J.; "Technology's limits: The best leader is a human, not a machine" Armed Forces Journal, September 2009.T. OConnor; "Grow Your Own Tools: A Taxonomy of Python Libraries Helpful for Forensic Analysis", submitted to SANS Library for GIAC Gold Forensic Analyst Certification
- T. OConnor, J. Doty; "We Need Teams of Cyber Warriors" Army Magazine, January 2010.
- T. OConnor, B. Sangster, E. Dean; "Using Hacking To Teach Computer Science Fundamentals", American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Presentation, March 2010.
- T. OConnor, B. Sangster; "HoneyM: A Framework for Implementing Virtual Honeyclients for Mobile Devices," WISEC 2010 Conference Proceedings, 2010 ACM Conference on Wireless Network Security, March 2010
- J. Rivera, "Applying Architecture Modeling Methodology to the Naval Gunship Software Safety Domain". ACM/IEEE 13th International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Language and Systems. Oslo, Norway, 2010.
- B. Sangster, R. Ragsdale, G. Conti; "Automated Mapping of Large Binary Objects; Shmoocon; Work in Progress Talk; February 2009.M. Weigand; "Build Your Own Predator at a 99% discount"; ShmooCon Presentation; February 2010.
- B. Sangster, T. OConnor, T. Cook, R. Fanelli, E. Dean, W. Adams, C. Morrell, G. Conti; "Toward Instrumenting Network Warfare Competitions to Generate Labeled Datasets," 2nd Workshop on Cyber Security Experimentation and Test, Aug. 2009.