The Excel Scholars Program (EXCEL) is a Dean-sponsored program started in AY 2012 to promote the personal and professional excellence of high performing cadets from underrepresented groups by encouraging them to strive for a higher standard and be an instrument for change by competing for post-graduate scholarships.
EXCEL accomplishes this mission through identification of promising cadets from historically underrepresented groups, nurturing the talent to compete for post-graduate scholarship opportunities, encouraging ongoing excellence in the academic, military, and physical dimensions of the West Point Leader Development System (WPLDS), and promoting diversity among the cadet leadership participant pool.
EXCEL provides targeted enrichment aimed at improving technical expertise, research opportunities, writing, communication skills, and leader development.
- Identify and nurture talent to compete for and win post-graduate scholarships.
- Increase diversity in cadet leadership positions.
- Achieve excellence in all three dimensions of WPLDS.
Recent Cadet Accomplishments
- AY 2012, 2013: One winner each year
- AY 2014, 2015: Two winners each year
- AY 2016: Five winners
- Schools attended: Northwestern, Georgia Tech, MIT, Purdue, Northeastern, UC-Berkeley, USUHS and University of Alabama-Huntsville
|Director||LTC Tanya Estes|| Tanya.Estes@westpoint.edu||TH 1113||x3249|
|Executive Director||MAJ Jessica Dawson|| Jessica.Dawson@westpoint.edu||TH 282C||x8645|
|Director Emeritus||Dr. Ericka Rovira|| Ericka.Rovira@westpoint.edu||TH 267B||x5902|
|Admin. Team||CPT Brandon Thomas||Brandon.Thomas@westpoint.edu||TH 267C||x5635|
|TAC Team||CPT Randy Shed||Randy.Shed@westpoint.edu||||x2009|
|TAC Team||CPT Eric Wilson||Eric.Wilson@westpoint.edu||||x2627|