Before You Start Your Application
Check Your Eligibility
All applicants must meet all these requirements for eligibility:
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- See Information for International Cadets for exceptions
- You must be at least 17 years old by July 1st of the year you enter West Point
- EX: For enrollment in 2020, your birthday must be on or before 01/07/2003.
- You cannot be 23 years of age or older on July 1st of the year enter West Point
- EX: For enrollment in 2020, your birthday cannot be on or before 01/07/1997.
- You must not be married.
- You must not be pregnant.
- You must not be legally obligated to support a child.
Things To Know
- The first step for eligible applicants is to complete and submit a Candidate Questionnaire (CQ).
- The CQ is an online form the Academy uses to initially screen applicants.
- Information to have ready before you begin the CQ:
- Your ACT, SAT, or PSAT scores
- Your 9-digit zip code
- Your high school's ETS Code and address
- Your Congressional district
- What to expect after you complete the CQ.
- If you qualify, you will receive an email that contains your West Point Candidate Portal credentials. This process typically takes 24-48 hours.
- After completing your CQ, don’t stop there!
- If you’re a high school junior who graduates in 2020, you should consider applying to attend our Summer Leaders Experience (SLE). Check the Summer Leaders Experience page to see information about the program and how to start your application.